Wednesday, August 10, 2005

things that i like

· warm summer nights without humidity or mosquitos
· a bathroom that smells strongly of fantastix because i sprayed a huge spider to its bleachy death
· school starting soon - and RA/HA training starting even sooner so I can see my friends who will be RA's and HA's - rah rah and haha
· randomly going shopping and finding the shirt of the century...THEN discovering it is 75% off
· cheap gas. cheap as in 91.5/L. but it's cheap relative to 98.6/L. it's a contest - who can find the cheapest gas! (hint: go to the corner of mohawk and garth)
· driving down the Linc and seeing a kite flying from a park. Kites rock.
· sunsets. sunrises. clouds. shooting stars. constellations. heck with it - how about I just say "the vast chameleon canvas that God continually repaints every 2.5 seconds!" A.K.A. the Sky.
· changing my blog template every so often. or more than often. hey, it challenges my waning HTML skills.
· sleeping. sleeping in. pressing snooze 5 times. napping. anything to do with laying down and shutting my eyes. oooh that could be sketchy.
· sketchiness
· laughing. laughing so hard that no sound is emitted and tears stream down my cheeks.
· free food. do not underestimate the power of free food once you live on your own with your own bills.
· cheap rent. who has the cheapest rent in hamilton? ME. top $145/mth, utilities included thank you very much
· answering the phone as my job dictates and hearing the familiar voice of a friend who doesn't recognize my voice because I am in snotty receptionist mode...but then having a great conversation to break up the monotany of my phone-filled day
· messages on my phone when i get home - i especially like the ones directed to ME
· having a clean car, inside and out. but i don't like the measures it takes me to get it and keep it that way!
· emails. lengthly ones. especially when they make me laugh out loud while reading them in the middle of the main office so that everyone stops and looks at me like I am crazy but I don't notice because I am so engrossed in reading my awesome email message
· zit-free days
· getting a new computer at work. bye-bye Windows 98 and hello new world of XP
· buying a new daily planner with cool designs and features and immediately trying to organize my entire next year...
· going into my last year of school EVER. whooooohooooo
· getting real mail. in my mailbox at home. and it not being from an online bank.
· signing up for online banks like ING Drect or President's Choice with all my free time at work
· transferring random amounts of money between my online bank accounts throughout the day so that I feel like I have money.
· figuring out the interest I will make in my online bank accounts in 20 years
· figuring out the interest I will owe OSAP for the next 20 years...wait that's for my "dislike" list...
· the beach. lakes. oceans. rain. just water in general.
· driving the speed limit - you don't get speeding tickets that way!
..and there is probably many more...