Wednesday, June 22, 2005

gone are the days

do I dare even wear what I was thinking of
my true colors bleeding on my sleeve?
do I chance the romance that I've been dreaming of
instead of wishing for it quietly?

always at a distance, I wish you'd safely stayed
despite my resistance, you sought me anyway


gone are the days of all that I was afraid of
I've left behind the traces of who I've been
no longer able to wrestle with this angel
and the closer you get, I can let you love me

I had found it was easier to dance around
the edges of who I could be
if I chose to expose what grows deep down
would you still desire what you see?

no more self-rejection no longer paralyzed
this holy perfection is me inside your eyes


never mind this mirror hanging on the wall
cause I could not pretend to be the fairest of them all
took a hammer to the glass
to shatter all the pieces
the pieces of my past

~Nichole Nordeman~Wide Eyed~Gone Are The Days~