Tuesday, November 08, 2005

an update

To blog or not to blog, that is the question. And a question easily answered, as is evident by my lack of posting in recent months. I'm planning on being inspired really soon with some momentous post that will change the world, but for now I'll just share a few interesting tidbits from my wonderful life.

Tidbit #1 - I am busy. But not to the extent that I would drop any of the things that I am involved in. From Senate meetings to SASC responsibilities, Chapel coordination to working in the Main Office, maintaining connections with family and friends to striving to leave time alone with God...my life tends to be a whirlwind that barely leaves room for all these things, nevermind attending classes, studying for midterms and writing papers! I don't think I would have it any other way, though, and I am glad that I am making the most out of my last year here at Redeemer University College.

Tidbit #2 - God is faithful. He continually reminds me to stop trying to figure everything out and to surrender control to Him - trusting Him with all my heart and not leaning on my own understanding - acknowledging Him in all my ways, knowing that He promises to make my paths straight. Even with graduation fast approaching, and with that coming a job search and a substantial OSAP debt.

Tidbit #3 - Christian community has its perks. Recently my dad has been having heart problems, and the subsequent support from people - even just hearing the words "I'm praying for you and your family" is more encouraging than I ever realized it could be. Never underestimate the power of letting someone know you are in their prayers...or, on that note, the power of actually interceding to God on their behalf.

Tidbit #4 - Prayer, God's Word, intentional Christian fellowship, outreach - these are some "spiritual food groups" that nourish our spiritual growth. Skipping devotions and condensing prayer time and making excuses about busyness (even when they are true!) is as detrimental to our faith life as skipping meals is to our physical bodies...even if you can survive for a little without stopping to make a meal, eventually you'll collapse and not be able to take another step until you've eaten something! We always manage to make time to eat - even if it is a little snack in the midst of paper writing. Why then, is that more important and easier to prioritize than Christ, who is the Bread of Life? I'm guilty. I'm trying.

Tidbit #5 - I miss blogging. This has been fun, updating and such...maybe I'll be back at it sooner than I think!