Wednesday, March 15, 2006

the unofficial countdown

After today is over, I have exactly 20 days left of class. This means I am almost done school FOREVER. Which also means, unfortunately (or fortunately, however you look at it) I am swiftly losing any and all motivation I have ever possessed in any capacity to put forth effort in my schoolwork. This, combined with a miserable sickness that has been clinging to me for 3 days has resulted in a complete lack of caring about school and an intense longing for these 20 days to be DONE. Is this bad? If it is, I don't care!

But this made me wonder if it is bad to look forward to things....we look forward to Graduation, to Summer, to getting a job, to getting married, to having kids, to retiring... When do we actually get to enjoy what we have been eagerly looking forward to? But, on the other hand, if you never look forward to anything then you never have a drive or purpose or motivation or goal.

So, a balance between looking forward to the future and enjoying the present is needed. But tell me, how does one enjoy the present when it consists of 4 papers, 1 seminar & 1 midterm in 20 days?

Best answer gets a prize...